Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scary Times

I was just watching a report that the Congressional Budget Office released today. I got up and walked away. What they said, in round numbers, was that in 2008 our debt was 40% of our Gross Domestic Product. Today it’s 60% of our GDP. At current spending levels they predict in 10 – 15 years our debt will be 100% of our GDP.

There’s not much happy crap in that report, but there is one silver lining in the cloud over DC. If they are correct, then it’s possible that we could have a Revolution in my lifetime. Not that I really want one. It would destroy this country as we know it. But if we’re bound and determined to have one and it’s unavoidable, I’d prefer to be able-bodied when it happens. Just saying.

4 comments:

WooleyBugger said...

The first step is getting certain someones out of office. Some of those congressmen and senators are just fricken old as dirt and stuck in their old habits. The only one's they have in their best interest is themselves.

FLHX_Dave said...

Hmmmm...maybe your story is going to come to life...but, if I'm the one that's going to detonate that EMP, well, I promise I won't woos out.

Hell, we are the longest running Democracy (well, democratic republic of whatever) in the history of the world...it's about time for a change the way I see it.

I think every politician should be homeless for no less than 90 before they can take office. I know that would fix it right good.

mq01 said...

i have a question, so what GDP will we have in 10-15 yrs anyway?
][p-\\ oops, lol, cinco says hi

Willy D said...

Wooley: And we, like dumb-asses keep voting them in :(

Dave: It just might be you. I’ll hold you to it.

mq01: Pills? That’s what every other commercial on TV is for. We make ‘lots’ of pills!